Kirsty Maxwell Charity
In February 2020 the family of killed abroad victim Kirsty Maxwell set up a charity in Kirsty’s name to help provide holistic support to families unfortunate to find themselves in the same terrible situation of losing a loved one killed abroad.
The David Swindle Crime Solutions and Multilingual Crime Team continue to help support victims families referred by the Charity.
Have a look at the website and encourage others to donate to this worthwhile cause Kirsty Maxwell Charity
BBC Scotland ‘Killed Abroad’
Dedicated email addresses to help with Craig and Kirsty’s appeals
The families of Craig Mallon and Kirsty Maxwell are conscious of the fact (and live in hope) that the people who watched this documentary in August 2018 and continues to be broadcast on “pay per view” channels will have information that they want to share.
Both families continue to update and make appeals on various social media platforms and encourage anyone with any information to make contact via the confidential email addresses
Please get in contact and one of our team will get back to you.
We would ask that you share this information as widely as possible to reach people who may be able to help to find the answers to Craig Mallon’s murder and Kirsty Maxwell’s suspicious death.
More about the documentary
Craig Mallon’s young life ended tragically when he was killed in a single punch attack whilst on holiday in Lloret de Mar, Spain on 19th May 2012.
Kirsty Maxwell’s young life ended tragically when she died in suspicious, unexplained circumstances whilst on holiday in Benidorm, Spain on 29th April 2017.
BBC Scotland’s one-hour documentary, ‘Killed Abroad’, examined Craig Mallon’s and Kirsty Maxwell’s cases. It discussed wider issues about families losing loved ones abroad in terrible circumstances, who are then abandoned by their governments, leaving them to do their own investigations in countries abroad.
Whilst sad and powerful, we hope the program being shown on various channels will result in:
- the public coming forward with information regarding Craig’s and Kirsty’s cases
- the Spanish authorities providing much needed answers for Craig’s and Kirsty’s families
- change regarding the support provided to UK families losing loved ones abroad to homicide or in suspicious or unexplained circumstances
Social media appeals and support from the public have played a major role in identifying potential evidence and pushing the authorities in Spain to progress lines of enquiry regarding Craig’s and Kirsty’s cases.
The questions as to what happened to Craig and Kirsty remain unanswered. We hope that this documentary will help to obtain those answers.
Craig’s and Kirsty’s families thank everyone for their amazing continued support.
David Swindle’s work: other selected press reporting
- Daily Record 2019: Flawed Investigation Kirsty Maxwell Killed Abroad
- Sunday Mirror: Kirsty Maxwell reconstruction raises questions (2018)
- The Scottish Sun: David on Kirsty Maxwell and Craig Mallon’s cases (2017)
- Operation Anagram on Wikipedia
- The Scottish Sun: Kirsty’s family’s fight for justice, truth and answers (2018)
- BBC News: anniversary of Kirsty Maxwell’s death (2018)
- The Scottish Sun: Craig Mallon’s family’s hunt for justice (2017)
- Daily Record: David on the Scottish government’s lack of support for Craig Mallon’s family (2017)
Crime and Investigation channel: David’s profile
Craig Mallon Appeal
Kirsty Maxwell Appeal
- Kirsty Maxwell Appeal on Facebook
- Kirsty Maxwell Appeal on Twitter
- Kirsty Maxwell Appeal on Instagram
Check out David’s Twitter for updates and information about ongoing cases and television appearances.
Selected TV appearances
Britain’s Darkest Taboos: David Swindle and Psychologist Emma Kenny appeared in this Crime and Investigation channel ( 2017 and 2018) The programs continue to be broadcast on Netflix.
Unseen Fred West Confessions: This TV documentary brought viewers face-to-face with serial killer Fred West being questioned by detectives for his crimes. Cutting edge technology allowed viewers to see and hear the interviews and enabled an actor to voice West’s actual words (April 2014)
Someone’s Daughter Someone’s Son: ITN documentary series focusing on relatives who have lost loved ones through murder (August 2011)